Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm new - Spotify says my playlists will expire in 2 days. How do I prevent that?

I'm new - Spotify says my playlists will expire in 2 days. How do I prevent that?

Hi I'm pretty new to spotify (I'm not premium).  I've created a few playlists and want to start making more.  However I see a note that the couple playlists I've made will expire in 2 days.  I think they've been active for about 2 weeks.  

Is there a way to prevent this?  

does this happen if you're premium too?   (Is this a way to get me to subscribe?)  

Many thanks if you can answer this for me.  

2 Replies

Hi @JefferyStraker, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Keep in mind that if the songs are on a playlists you follow created by someone else, it's possible that this happens. However, if its your own playlist it shouldn't.

Just to confirm, does it happen with all the playlists or just with some of them? Send us the URI link of the playlists with the problem so we can check them from our end (just right click the playlist > Share > URI). Also, try selecting the all the songs in the playlist with the problem and add them to a completely new one. If the issue persists, send us a screenshot so we can take a look.

Keep us posted.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I've sorted this out.  the 'playlist will expire' message wasn't that the playlist ITSELF was going to expire, rather that it was going to expire as the Artist Pick on my Artist Page.  So the playlist does still exist but spotify automatically removed it from my artist page and seems to want me to update a new playlist there every 14 days.  Thanks for the people who responded and helped me sort this out! j

Suggested posts