Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I’m not abroad?!

I’m not abroad?!

I’m trying to log into my account but it’s saying Spotify can only be used for 14 days abroad. It was set to USA so I changed it to UK after reading how to do so. It’s still giving me the same message? What do I do? 

6 Replies

Are you using a Virtual Private Network service?

I don’t think so? I don’t even know what that is? Sorry if I sounded rude there 

If you're logged into your account from a mobile device, you could use a VPN proxy server (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vpn-proxy-master-unlimited-vpn/id1025707485?mt=8) which would effectively switch your device's IP location to your preferred country (I'm uncertain of whether you're located in UK or USA.) Try to log in to Spotify after doing so. If this is effective, the VPN service may have effects on other websites while using your phone, but the VPN can be switched on and off at will. This is just my theoretical solution and is by no means the only resolution to this issue. Hope this works for you. 

The Spotify team sent me a link to where I could fix my problem, but thank you anyway! Hopefully your advice will help someone with the same problem! Thanks again x

My account is doing the same thing, saying you can’t access for more than 14 days abroad when I’ve not been abroad. Could u point me in the right direction on how u went about fixing it?

cheers, Cammy 

I emailed support@spotify.com and they told me to ask here. If you reply to that email they will send you a link and instructions on how to fix it. Hope this helps 🙂

Kate 

Suggested posts