Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm not abroad!

I'm not abroad!

Plan - Free

Country - Germany

Device - IPhone XS Max, Macbook 

Operating System - IOS 14.3, MacOS

My Question or Issue -  Hii!  I've had spotify for about two weeks now, and I absolutely love the service but I have no need for a premium account.  Anyways, I tried to open up the app the other day, and I received a notification saying something along the lines of, "You can't use Spotify abroad for longer than 14 days.  To continue using update your location at Spotify.com".  I'm very confused because I am not abroad, nor have I even traveled to another place due to the covid situation.  I am not using a VPN or private network either.  I live in Germany and I double checked that's where my IP address is as well as making sure that it's the region I set on my phone.  When I go to the Spotify website, I am able to log in but the only country I can set it to in the dropdown menu is Germany, there are no other options.  After having zero luck I even emailed the Spotify help team (which no offense- but it wasn't very helpful).  As I keep getting transfered to different people who keep telling me the same thing, "Try from a different network."  I don't have another network to try from, which they can't seem to understand.  My friends with free accounts don't seem to have this issue.  I just want to log into my Spotify account :(.  I would hate to have to switch to a different app after hours of dedication I put into my playlists.  Does anyone have a solution to this?

1 Reply

Hey @avaaa,

Thanks for posting here in the Community 🙂

It's a good idea to try with another network. That way we can check if the connection is causing this issue.

Could you try with another network, for example with a friend's WiFi? Are there any changes?

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts