Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm pretty sure this is not what I paid for...

Solved!

I'm pretty sure this is not what I paid for...

I was happily using Spotify up to yesterday when I was suddenly switched to free service. I last paid on the 28th August so I was pretty baffled and annoyed to be getting adverts thrown at me for something I have paid for. I realised after this that the Paypal account I had connected to it I closed. So I quickly added my new Paypal details (which are connected to my bank, I've paid eBay with no problems), rebooted Spotify and continued on my way. Only nothing happened. I was still a free user. Turns out, I had added the account but it was still on free. So I went back and clicked on Premium and it said 'payment failed' - I tried it with my bank card with the same effect. Why am I not getting the service I paid for?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It was a different request this morning. I will point out that it says in the first commenter's info says to take everything he says with a pinch of salt (and that he's probably wrong)- so I don't immediately get trustworthy from him, which is why I responded the way I did. The problem was solved because I emailed back about an hour after posting this.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

@ComaCalm wrote:

I was happily using Spotify up to yesterday when I was suddenly switched to free service. I last paid on the 28th August so I was pretty baffled and annoyed to be getting adverts thrown at me for something I have paid for. I realised after this that the Paypal account I had connected to it I closed. So I quickly added my new Paypal details (which are connected to my bank, I've paid eBay with no problems), rebooted Spotify and continued on my way. Only nothing happened. I was still a free user. Turns out, I had added the account but it was still on free. So I went back and clicked on Premium and it said 'payment failed' - I tried it with my bank card with the same effect. Why am I not getting the service I paid for?

Hi, darn that is annoying!

Unfortuantely we can't really help on the forum 😞 😞

You will have to use this Support Form to contact the payments team, they will sort it all out for you 🙂

I'll wait for a real mod to reply before sending another form out today, instead of listening to some randomer, thank you... :S

If already message on it's way, sit down, relax and wait for response from Spotify.

Response time in Contact form is about 24 hours. No need to repost your question again, Spotify surely response to your first query very soon!

About community; everyone can answer or at least try. However Community isn't official Support channel in any way. For official response you should use only Contact form.

@ComaCalm wrote:

I'll wait for a real mod to reply before sending another form out today, instead of listening to some randomer, thank you... :S

Excuse me, that comment wasn't very nice at all. This community is about other members helping each other. Mods only interject if they need to, and if a member has given the corrent answer they may not.

@Liam_w wrote:

@ComaCalm wrote:

Excuse me, that comment wasn't very nice at all. This community is about other members helping each other. Mods only interject if they need to, and if a member has given the corrent answer they may not.

Yes, this Community works this way. Thank you liam_w for your time to clearing things out.

Hey ComaCalm, Liam was right to point you to our contact form for this. Payment issues aren't best handled over the forum like this.

You can trust what our superusers have to say - they're experts at helping at people out and they do great a job.

In any case, I can see this has now been dealt with by email. If you have any further problems just reply directly to that and we'll carry on that way.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Marked as solution

It was a different request this morning. I will point out that it says in the first commenter's info says to take everything he says with a pinch of salt (and that he's probably wrong)- so I don't immediately get trustworthy from him, which is why I responded the way I did. The problem was solved because I emailed back about an hour after posting this.

@ComaCalm wrote:

That signature is old and has now been updated. It still did not allow the way you spoke.

Hey folks!

I think liam_w is very helpful here in Community. Spotify mods can these days solve more important problems here, those more important problems are actually too hard to superusers or community founders to solve, because those problems needs actually a "freeway" to Spotify system. And superusers like me and liam_w just are unable to access Spotify systems, so we only can answer very easy questions and sometimes technical things.

But, we are here to help anyone as much as we can.

Cheers!

Thanks guys. And now that the original issue has been solved I'll lock this thread.

If you need anything else, you know how to get in touch.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts