Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm the only one with this problem with the friendslist.

I'm the only one with this problem with the friendslist.

Plan

Duo

Country

US

Operating System

(Windows 11 Dev Channel)

My Question or Issue

I have been having a problem with my friendslist and it seems that I am the only one with this issue as I tried searching up online on all websites, I even tried restarting, reinstalling and everything else these websites told me. Here is my issue. 

OccR4ejwSJ.gif
15 Replies

After restarting Spotify it signs me out of Facebook, but if I log out I can still log in using the Facebook method.

Spotify_NxiupiGAQX.png

Hi @Cybercat-130,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Could you try the following steps:

1. Open the Spotify folder, which should be located at: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Spotify.
  2. There you'll find a file named prefs, which stores info about the account you're currently logged in to. Simply delete the prefs file.
  3. Open the Spotify app and go to a friend's profile, who you follow. Now unfollow them and follow them again, then restart the Spotify app.

We'd also like to mention that Windows 11 is still a new operating system and we cannot guarantee proper functionality of the Spotify app as of yet.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Still broken, I can't go back to see what my friends are playing cause it won't let me and it just signed me out of Facebook again from restarting.

Spotify_4ofHId1Kog.png

FYI, This has always been off, so it's not the cookies.

Spotify_aM76hoiXDh.png

Hi again @Cybercat-130,

Thanks for the reply!

In that case your friends might have not turned on the option to share their listening activity yet, as the default option is set to Off, so they have to manually turn it on. That can be done by going to Settings >  Social > Share my listening activity.

Make sure that you have turned on See what your friends are playing on your end, which can also be found in the app's settings. When you're all set, try unfollowing a friend from the Spotify and following them back, then restart the app.

If  the issue persists, and you're sure that your friends turned that option on, please check out the following thread and share the required information so we can further look into this.

Take care!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

It's always been on.

WdBkQ5WDc8.png

I want to piggy back on this post and say that I am having the exact same issue. I made sure that I logged into my boyfriend's account and made sure all of the proper settings were set and even though he can see my listening activity (and no one else's, despite him previously having many friends,) I still can't see his! I even went over this with my sister. We signed on to multiple computers/devices on both accounts and made sure we were both sharing our listening activity and nothing comes up. This has been a problem for months and I'm so fed up! I feel like Spotify is actively gaslighting us by these repeated "the setting is just turned off! everything is working fine :)" posts, because I have made sure the setting is on and it is still not working. Apple music is starting to look real good now. 

Hi folks,

Thank you for the replies. 

In this case, could you try unfollowing one of those accounts and following them again? For other users, this has worked to kick off the Friends Feed. 

If the issue persists, then please head to the thread shared by @Yordan and add the information requested. This way we can keep track of the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have tried this also but it doesn't work the same as the other solution cause it crashes my friendslist and I can't go back and if I restart it will sign me out of Facebook. Any of the solutions that are out there, non of them will work. I even updated my Spotify and it still doesn't work.

I have this exact same issue with my account to viewing my girlfriends account. As a paying customer this has been going on way to long. Please sort it out spotify.

I've tried unfollowing and following again to no avail. I listen on multiple machines and devices / web browsers. Its on spotifys end with a issue with paying customers.

I'm having the same issue as mentioned above.. it was  working fine, now just 3 friends are appearing on the feed... doesn't look like a Windows 11 issue, as it was working fine even with W11.. I've also reinstalled the app but it keeps not working as it should...

i also have the same issues like  Cybercat-130 - since weeks!
i use spotify on 3 different macs, a windows 10 PC and on a iPhone.
even i was sure the advices are of no use i tried them all, restarted app, reinstalled app, completly wiped spotify app with all preferences files and reinstalled fresh.
it doesnt matter.
- i can connect to facebook, i see my friends list and i can add them

- i don't see their activities, the app dont let me leave the "add friends" screen.
- its on the newest windows and mac client / tried on several computers its the same everywhere

- i removed spotify from facebook and reconnected it about 13 times, tried different settings.

nothing helped so far!

---
what i found out is on facebook under "apps & websites" -> spotify: the visibillity button says "only me", if i try to change it to "friends" it spits out a error "Query error: Error performing query." - i tried Firefox, Safari, Chrome, deactivated all plugins of Firefox and tried in a private window: still the same error. could this be related to this spotify issue?
is it possible to add friends without facebook?  i know you can search for "spotify:user:usernamewhatever" but even i follow people with this method, it still doesnt displays anything else than the "go to settings to connect to facebook" page.

@referenzmenge I've had this issue for months now and I've been waiting patiently for the update to come through to see if it fixes it but not a thing fixes it, it's just broken on some accounts for some reason. And we get is "The button is just turned off and restart or reinstall Spotify (Which breaks facebook and signs me out every time I do that, but it seems that I can sign through Facebook but I get no activity feed at all, just a broken UI)

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts