Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I need help cancelling my susbscription!

Solved!

I need help cancelling my susbscription!

I would like to cancel my subscription but when it asks for password verification it says 'wrong password'. When I tried to request a new password it said my account was linked with my facebook and I should change my password on facebook, I'm confused...I just really want to cancel my subscription already. Any help would be a appreaciated. =] Thanks guys.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You have to set a device password. I had the same problem, but I just went to my account and Edit Profile. Then under Use Spotify on your Devices there is a link that will email you a way to set the password. After that you can cancel. Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

i get the same loop.  

i've tried different browsers (chrome, firefox, aurora, IE, even).  

the only problems i've ever had with spotify are related to this hybrid log-in scheme they've set up with fB, and its rather depressing.  according to my *spotify* account details, i don't have a password, as my password SHOULD be my fB password, which the cancelation process will not accept.  

i liked the service SO much better without the hassels of clumsily linked accounts...  

i have this same problem too. im just trying to cancel this crappy service cuz paying for it is pointless sice it refuses to play on my phone thereby leading to waste 8 dollars. i really just want this subscription to be cancelled already but the saddest part is they dont even have a number i could call to ask question, its just a stupid message box

what frustrates me most about all of this is how it stems from having grafted facebook's logins on top of the existing spotify login/pass system.  

from the outside looking in, the system usually works (it obviously requires some poking around with adblockers and "fB disconnect" like extensions to function) but when it comes to actually *cancelling* an account, the original spotify login/pass system seems to have importance.  

the problem seems to be that we can't complete the last step of verification (putting in our spotify password) to actually cancel because there are no "spotify passwords" for our accounts, only fB passwords?  this part of the systems seem to not be integrated properly...

Marked as solution

You have to set a device password. I had the same problem, but I just went to my account and Edit Profile. Then under Use Spotify on your Devices there is a link that will email you a way to set the password. After that you can cancel. Hope it helps!

excellent!  thank you!  

thank you SO much. 

Suggested posts