Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I need my music taken down off Spotify

Solved!

I need my music taken down off Spotify

I've just received an email back from Spotify Artist Support,

I'm guessing the email just wasn't read properly or it was an automated response.

email:

I’m ‘********’, awful name I know.

A couple of years ago I made a few tracks, some guy named ********* wanted to share these tracks as he was attempting to start up a label/music promo channel on Youtube/Spotify/iTunes etc. He posted them to Spotify under my name and I now have an artist page that I don’t have access to and a couple of tracks still on Spotify.

I’ve started making music again recently and I’d like to progress further into getting my music onto Spotify and everything else, but my old (and pretty bad) music is still on Spotify and I want it taken down. I don’t have the ability to do that as ********* posted the tracks (I believe, unless he used CDBaby or something to get them on Spotify). I have tried numerous times to get in contact with him but he has pretty much disappeared from the internet, and I can’t get a reply from him where he is still available.

(UPDATE): after sending him a couple of messages on facebook asking nicely,

he's blocked me. I now have no way of searching him nevermind messaging him.

Basically I just need everything related to ‘*********’ wiped off Spotify completely,

so I can start over independently when I am ready to release more (better) music.

Please message me if you need any proof of identity.

Thanks a bunch in advance, I can’t wait to hear from you.

12hr email response:

Hey ********,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We’re unable to remove any content ourselves, but your distributor can help.

You just need to get in touch with them to submit a takedown request to Spotify.

We’ll be here if you need us!

bruh

I just said I can't contact him, he's gone as heck.

There has to be a way to actually get my stuff taken down to start fresh right?

And actually be in control of myself as an Artist?!

Some dude who has absolutely nothing to do with me has control over my name on Spotify, and what, nothing can be done about it?

'Someone owns your name? No contact? ah too bad suck it up buttercup.'

The ****?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

I'd recommend replying back to the Artist team for further help with your issue.

For info about how you can get your music removed from Spotify, check out this and to find out how you can gain control over your artist page, check this out.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

I'd recommend replying back to the Artist team for further help with your issue.

For info about how you can get your music removed from Spotify, check out this and to find out how you can gain control over your artist page, check this out.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks a bunch dude, I did also manage to get in contact with a representative by replying to that email that I pasted above. He gave me a link to a copyright form which I filled in and submitted, 24+ hours later I receieved an email saying they were working on getting in touch with the guy and my stuff had been taken down for the next 48 hours, so fingers crossed! Thanks again 🙂

Suggested posts