I simply want to change my profile name.

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: I simply want to change my profile name.

Could yo find a way?

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I had the same problem but I found the solution! I had a live chat, which you can do in the 'contact us' area and they made a new account with the new username and they transferred all my songs and playlists over to the new account and deleted the old one. Hope this helps!

Hey, so my spotify was hacked and the person who did that connected it to their facebook account which changed the name on my account. When I logged their facebook out the name still stayed and it even stayed when I tried to log in with my facebook. Is their some way I can change the display name again?

Highlighted

If I do connect my Spotify to Facebook will it still save my songs a playlists?
Highlighted

Should be an option to change username regardless.
Highlighted

@jclynlm wrote:
I had the same problem but I found the solution! I had a live chat, which you can do in the 'contact us' area and they made a new account with the new username and they transferred all my songs and playlists over to the new account and deleted the old one. Hope this helps!

Hi I have a quick question, Did you have to create the new account first? I just want to make sure I have what ever is needed ready to go for when I do this. Thank you in advance! 

Highlighted

Casual Listener
No, you just have to contact and they will create it for you.
Highlighted

Hi

Why don't you just mask the "mapped" name with an interface name (screen name)..

The interface, screen name can point to the unchangable "mapped" name, but just doesn't have to be seen, like dos/windows.  This way people can feel to personalize this somewhat.   just a thought

Highlighted

I get you. My profile name is just the worst I could have. Spotify is great but I just want to change my username. Spotify doesnt have this feature though.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

@Kimbalee76 wrote:
Exactly!!
I DONT WANT MY FULL NAME FOR PRIVACY REASONS, **bleep**?
fix it

The thing is, I think only friends can see your full name, when I checked the public link for my profile my name is "227l2rmpg6mfbfzhqctnllk3q". So I want to be able to have a username for my public profile, and I'm fine with my friends seeing my name.

https://open.spotify.com/user/227l2rmpg6mfbfzhqctnllk3q

SUGGESTED POSTS