I simply want to change my profile name.

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: I simply want to change my profile name.

Apparently the problem is related to the database structure behind the scene and programmatical decisions like that were probably made very early in the business, probably long before the company was known to the world. Changing that would mean a complete rewrite of the system from scratch and may not be something Spotify can afford to do right now.

It's a bummer. It's disappointing. It's irritating. It's painful. I wouldn't call it lame though.

Highlighted

Hey, I would like to try to change my name like you said you did, so I was wondering, where's the live chat and the contact us? I can't seem to find it. Did you use a computer?

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Yes I used a MacBook and went to the Spotify website
Highlighted

Regular

same with me, I hope spotify will be able to offer this feature in an update soon 😕

Highlighted

RIP SPOTIFY NAME!!!! XD!!!! 🙂 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

plz make changing your user name on spotify an option it is driving me crazy that i cant change mine. other wise spotify is great i love to lisin to my music 

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

but now it shows your URL which features users user name!! 😡😡

BBEBFDD1-B492-4E35-874C-0B09E6964172.png

user-removed
Not applicable

howwwwww man? 

Highlighted

What a horrible and unacceptable answer. Congratulations on being the only social platform on which you cannot change your username. Add that to the long list of terribly designed ux features.

Highlighted

should probably add a nickname feature so you don't have to change the playlist mapping at all.. just like facebook..

SUGGESTED POSTS