Announcements

I simply want to change my profile name.

Solved!
Highlighted

I simply want to change my profile name.

Casual Listener

When I made my spotify account, I was younger and more stupid. Now that I've grown up a bit, and with many new features on spotify such as following other users and being followed, I want to change my profile name.
But I've found that I can't. I searched for it, often asked questions pop up, and it simply says no, you can't.
I don't find an explanation really why you are not allowed to. Please hear my plea and make this an option!
Other than that, great work. I love spotify. Spotify premium forever! 😄

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: I simply want to change my profile name.

Hey folks,

If you don’t like your display name you can change it following the steps hereIt’s also possible to connect to Facebook to display your Facebook name. But if you add a Spotify display name, it will show instead of your Facebook name.

If you want to read more about how you can customize your Spotify profile, we recommend to check out this Spotify Answer.

Give us a shout, in case there's anything else you need help with 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

View solution in original post

153 Replies
Highlighted

Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You can't change your username due to the way the Spotify system maps playlists to accounts, its a bit of a pain but that is just the way it is! If you connect your account to Facebook (which you can do from the preferences) your friends will see your real name instead of your account name though!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Thank you for answering, and yeah. I guess with the sweet sound of awesome music, a little background noise is accounted for. 
Real names, pffft, who needs those? (maybe me with the embarrassing account name) 
Thank you once again ^^

Highlighted

Community Legend

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out about this. I'm afraid it’s not possible to change your profile name.

If you want a profile that displays a different name, you can create a new accountDuring sign up, you can create any profile name you'd like.

As a heads up - if you choose to create a new account and you have the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to your new account until 12 months have elapsed since you signed up for it.

I hope this clears things up! If you have any further questions, I'd recommend checking out this support article.

Thanks!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

i have a problem where someone i know used hes name via FB on the spotify account, and now i can't change it even by disconnecting spotify to FB! plizz help, i can't go around using someone else's name:D ty<3

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same here now, grown up a bit and like to change it something a bit more mature, might do the same and email the link above

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Having the same problem, I posted a new idea for it. Please go and give kudos! http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Allow-users-to-edit-profile-name/idi-p/914147

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I like the idea of creating Playlists and sharing them on my profile. The bad news is that I cannot change my name, photo or playlist cover. It's just useless with out these features. I'm simply not paying for premium.

Highlighted

Music Fan

I know.... old thread but I just fpound this. Just incase others need it too.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

It sure looks like changing your user name has been addressed. However..... if you have ever linked your facebook to Spotify it automatically changes your name in the player to what it appears as ( with photo) on your facebook page which defeats the whole usual user name idea of not having your real name on your player profile page ! So what the hell's the dofference between 'user name' and 'profile name' ???

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Yes - successfully achanged it now - not sure I want to link to FB though

SUGGESTED POSTS