Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can i change my my spotify username?

Solved!

How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for.

I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises etc.. So I found a place where I could make a username to my spotify.. My problem is that I never got the change to make my own username, it was already a username there.. It is many numbers and really hard to remember...

It is a way to change that? I had never been there before so I think its weird that it was made by itself(since other people I know could make their own..)

Thanks for answers(sorry, I know it is some incorrect grammar)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everybody,

We've made some changes backstage and right now if you don’t like your display name you can change it by following the steps here

You could also connect to Facebook to display your Facebook name. But if you decide to add a Spotify display name, it will show instead of your Facebook one.

Last but not least, you can take a look at this Spotify Answer, if you want to read more about how you can customize your Spotify profile.

Give us a shout, in case there's anything else you need help with!

Take care 😊

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

119 Replies

Hello!

Right now there is no way to change your username 😕 As described here. You can create a new account with the username you want and then send a contact form request to have your old playlists transferred over 🙂 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Is there a way to totally cancel my account? I have someone who I do not want seeing my activity. I cannot keep them from following me.

I will reestablish a premium account but I need to completely remove any trace of my previous account.

Hope there is something we can do.

@misterjack1984 - Follow the steps over in this post to request your account be deleted:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Deleting-your-account/td-p/173950

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

hi guys.. is there anyone here know how i can change my name.. since i creaated my account my name are just set of numbers and having problem in memorizing it. i created this account through facebook. i hope someone can help me out. thanks! 

Hey there @12139354125!

Sadly, you still can't change your username. Please follow the steps in the post above to create a new account if you would like a new username. 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

I tried creating a new account so I could follow the instructions listed above and submit a contact form, but unfortunately my email is the same one my facebook is under, so it won't allow me to. Do I really need to create a new email just to try and get my username to be something other than a bunch of numbers?

You guys should work on letting us change it. Because that would be so helpful to so many people.

Is there seriously no way to change our Usernames?

they need to make an option to change usernames. this might be the most stupid thing I have seen on a website/app before. it is so simple. just let us change our usernames--it is one of the most basic settings ever. wow. i am heated about this.

Exactly!!! I'm so pissed! now i've to redo all the **bleep**

Please delete my account ASAP

PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT AS WELL!

Thank you.

@12153827970 @sigridmoen @efrat-mx @user-removed @user-removed

Hey guys, hope you all well 🙂

You can change your username by creating a new account with the username of your choice. Once you've done that, get in touch with Spotify Customer support and they can transfer everything over to your new username/account 🙂 

Wow, Spotify really has the worst logistics. How is it possibe that you can't change your username?might as well change to apple music. This sucks

My spotify is linked to my FB and I have a lot of playlists and a few followers. I addition to having a premium account set up for me without having to give out the cc details (it was a gift subscription) how the heck am I going to move everything over just as it is for the sake of a username change?!?

Considering that I had someone hack my account over the weekend (I reset everything today), how likely is it they could create a new account and pretend to be me to have the details transferred to a new username that I wouldn't be able to access? 

Sorry, I'm suddenly paranoid after this. Particularly since they also sent a password reset request after I changed things and logged out of all devices. 

Suggested posts