Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I somehow have 2 Spotify accounts registered to the same email address.

I somehow have 2 Spotify accounts registered to the same email address.

One is a premium account, one is not. They have different user names but the same email address. I have a new phone, and when I log in with the email it takes me to the free account I have and not premium. It won't let me login using the different user name. I am using an android device.
3 Replies

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. 

It's possible that you have 2 accounts with us that were registered with the same email address. That could happen if you created an account directly through Spotify and one via Facebook.

If the username that shows on your account now is only digits, that means that you're logged in on a Facebook-created account. You could solve this issue by closing that Facebook-created account with the steps here

Then you should be able to reset the password of the Spotify created account that should have your playlists and Premium features.

Hope this helps. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have the same problem.  Neither account was Facebook-created.  The answer above doesn't help at all...

Hey @notjojo,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. We're sorry to hear that our suggestion didn't help you. 

In this case, we can recommend that you take a look at this page to see what you can do to locate your second account. Once you find it, follow the steps for closing it in my previous reply.

If you're still experiencing difficulties - let us know. We'll be happy to help our further 🙂 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts