Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I subscribed to Spotify Premium, but still use spotify Free

I subscribed to Spotify Premium, but still use spotify Free

I've signed up for spotify premium a month ago. The first month was free and from now on i have to pay. Which is totally fine, except i can't actually use spotify premium. I've followed all the steps suggested in the help-section, but it doesn't work. I've logged in and out for a couple of times now, deleted and re-installed everything twice. I've also tried deleting my passwordmemory. Nothing seems to help. I am starting to get really frustrated with this. What can i do?

5 Replies

Hi! I just have a couple clarifying questions:

1. What do you mean that Spotify Premium isn't working, specifically? You're still hearing ads? Can't save music offline?
  2. What did you use as payment for your subscription? Credit card, iTunes Subscription, etc.?

Thanks.

Hi, 

I can't use the options that premium-users should have, for example the offlinemode.

I used paypal to pay for my subscription. 

Are you sure you're using the correct account, i.e. the one that you attached your payment info to? It has happened to me in the past that I used my Facebook account to log in, but a different email address to pay for it. You can check this by logging in to the account in your web browser, and going to your subscription page in your account's settings, and making sure it says "Spotify Premium" in green letters, with your payment info right underneath. Let me know what it says, and I'll try to help you futher. 🙂

I've checked it several times. When i log in with my facebook-account it says that i have a free account, but when i log in with my e-mailadress it says i have a premium account.

Thanks for your help! 🙂

Ok, is this the source of the issue, you being logged into the wrong account? If it isn't, we can diagnose further, but if it is, you might be interested in changing your payment info from your email address account to your Facebook account. It's simple to do, just remove your payment info from your email address account, and add it to your Facebook Spotify account. Here's a help article that might be useful. 🙂

Suggested posts