Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I think Spotify is trying to scam me, should I contact police?

I think Spotify is trying to scam me, should I contact police?

Hello!

I just registered to Spotify and I didn't like the free version of Spotify so I decided to try and use the discount I was being offered, 3 months for 0.99€.

When I tried to use the discount, there was a pop-up window and with a small text and it says something like "It seems that you already used this discount, do you want to buy it with full price?" And then there was the big green continue button. It is very misleading and it was very close that I clicked the continue button.

I have only used Spotify for few hours, I have never used Spotify Premium and Spotify is already trying to scam me for money.

How can I use the discount without being ripped off?

7 Replies

Contact the police? Yea go for it!! 

Failing that, I'd agree that's strange behaviour. One quick workaround (if you've literally just started using Spotify) is to sign up again with a different username and apply for the offer again (I mean this can't happen twice, right?). Clearly somehow, even if it's accidental, your account has been tagged to suggest that it's had some sort of offer applied at some point in time. 

I'm pretty sure there's no scam going on here, as I know a number of other people who have used it successfully! It's just one of those things I imagine. 

@Jon_UK wrote:

Contact the police? Yea go for it!! 

Failing that, I'd agree that's strange behaviour. One quick workaround (if you've literally just started using Spotify) is to sign up again with a different username and apply for the offer again (I mean this can't happen twice, right?). Clearly somehow, even if it's accidental, your account has been tagged to suggest that it's had some sort of offer applied at some point in time. 

I'm pretty sure there's no scam going on here, as I know a number of other people who have used it successfully! It's just one of those things I imagine. 

It says the e-mail is already in use, I can't make another account.

Sorry, I meant by using a different email address? I realise this may not be particularly helpful to you however if you only have one.

Many people like to link up via Facebook (and you could you your automatic Facebook email as a different one for the signing up process).

It's easier to attempt this method that trying to get Spotify to amend an account as this can take a while.

@Jon_UK wrote:

Sorry, I meant by using a different email address? I realise this may not be particularly helpful to you however if you only have one.

Many people like to link up via Facebook (and you could you your automatic Facebook email as a different one for the signing up process).

It's easier to attempt this method that trying to get Spotify to amend an account as this can take a while.

I don't have another e-mail and I don't want to make another one.

I don't have Facebook either, does Google+ account work?

I'm afraid Spotify has an exclusive link to Facebook where social media is concern, so no G+ would be a no-go. If you cannot access another email account then you will need to have this post escalated and it will be dealt with by an admin which will take slightly longer as they will need to look into your account. Would that be okay?

@Jon_UK wrote:

I'm afraid Spotify has an exclusive link to Facebook where social media is concern, so no G+ would be a no-go. If you cannot access another email account then you will need to have this post escalated and it will be dealt with by an admin which will take slightly longer as they will need to look into your account. Would that be okay?

No need, I'll rather just stick with Youtube. Anyway thanks a lot for your help.

Okay, I'm sorry I couldn't help you Eroshopermaster. 

Suggested posts