Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I think my Spotify Community Account, and my Actual Spotify are running as 2 separate entities.

Solved!

I think my Spotify Community Account, and my Actual Spotify are running as 2 separate entities.

Device

Desktop Windows 10 

Operating System

I also use a Android Samsung S7 edge but not for this?

My Question or Issue

I think my Spotify Community Account, and my Actual Spotify are running as 2 totally separate entities. Some simple Community Functions are not working or are not really intuitive. I'm being asked if want to block or follow myself, which makes me feel, I somehow represent 2 different account here. If anyone can help le3mme know?

weird 1.JPG
weird.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MoShotz, and welcome to the community.

Hope you’re doing great!

Your Spotify Community profile is connected with your Spotify account, which is why this is happening- but they’re two different accounts (connected) - may sound complicated but that’s the easy way I can put it 🙂

Also, what community functions aren’t working? I’ll be happy to take a look for you and find a solution right away!

Keep me posted.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @MoShotz, and welcome to the community.

Hope you’re doing great!

Your Spotify Community profile is connected with your Spotify account, which is why this is happening- but they’re two different accounts (connected) - may sound complicated but that’s the easy way I can put it 🙂

Also, what community functions aren’t working? I’ll be happy to take a look for you and find a solution right away!

Keep me posted.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Cool thanks for that quick response, so the adding a picture to my community album in hopes of making it my avatar.,.. **bleep** What a An Afternoon I had. I can't think about it anymore, tried so hard  and got nowhere with it. Can U Help?        It's this beautiful thing below that i cant get my face into.  Follow Up Question> What does the Hide Message Unfollow Option Even Mean?It's this beautiful thing  that i cant my face into. and what the Hide Message Unfollow Option Even Means?It's this beautiful thing that i cant my face into. and what the Hide Message Unfollow Option Even Means?

Hey @MoShotz.

Thanks for your reply! 

You won't be able to change your avatar the exact way you requested, but Spotify has some avatars for you available.

Also, 'Hide Message' just means to hide the message option so that others that may view your profile can't message you privately.

I hope this helps! 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts