Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I think my account was compromised, but I cannot change the password or linked email account

I think my account was compromised, but I cannot change the password or linked email account

I noticed yesterday that the Spotify app halted my music and threw an error saying something to the likes of "your account is in use in another location". Checking my profile revealed an email address that is not mine and a birthdate that is not mine. The zipcode is still correct, my Paypal account for billing is still correct, and my Facebook credentials are still correct.

Last night I overwote my OS install, reset the passwords for darn near everything, and fired up Keepass. That being said, I still cannot change the credentials on my Spotify account(that I've had for ~3 years..) and just a few minutes ago I received the in use warning multiple times. Seriously just sitting there, toggling play and pause and having it interrupted over ~5 minutes.

I have already submitted a contact form but I suspect any responses are going to the email address that is now linked to my account. How do I escalate this so as to resolve this issue?

2 Replies

Open a case with the accounts team using this form which lets you input the reply address:
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Once you have done that, reply directly to the automated email you will get and that will ensure your case gets to an adviser asap.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks, contact form submitted.

Suggested posts