Premium

Country

Israel

Device

OnePlus6, Lenovo Yoga PC

Operating System

Android, Windows, Ubuntu

My Question or Issue

Every week my Discover Weekly playlist is full with Japanese songs and I never listen to Japanese music.

I am afraid that someone hacked my account and uses it.

I created this account with facebook and now I regret it because I don't receive any emails and can't add an email to the account or edit any other profile information.

Thanks.

3 Replies

Hey @ItayH, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I am sorry to hear this.

If you think someone has taken over your account, I'd recommend checking out this support article for more info and the next steps to take. 

You can also take measures yourself to keep your account protected using this guide.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks, but it does not help me since my account was created through my facebook profile, so my spotify account doesnt have email or password that I can change.
I would like to add email and username to my account.
Is there any way you can look at my recent played songs in the past weeks and see if someone listened to japanese music?

Hey @ItayH,

If your account was created with Facebook from the start, you won't be able to disconnect and use an email and password. There is more info on this here

If your account was created through Spotify at first, but later connected to Facebook, you are able to disconnect Facebook from your Spotify account following these steps > Connect or Disconnect Facebook section.

I also won't have access to your account to view your recently played. Sorry about that!

If you've followed all the steps I provided in the link I provided in my last reply, could you let me know what happens when you try to get in touch with Customer Support?

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts