Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I travelled overseas, came back and now spotify won't work

I travelled overseas, came back and now spotify won't work

Hi, I have spotify premium, installed and based in the UK. All worked fine until I went to Abu Dhabi, where whenever I used my iPhone, my spotify said that only spotify premium users could use playlists and radio in that region. I figured it was just something to do with being outside of my home country.

Now I am back in the UK, it keeps telling me the same thing- I can't access any of my playlists and can't access the radio- it just says these things are only available to sptoify premium users in my region (I am a spotify premium user!)

I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling, but it just logs back in through my facebook and then tells me the same thing again

Any ideas much appreciated

Thanks, Adrian

12 Replies

Hello Adrian,

I've just taken a look at your account and it seems that a payment for Spotify was unable to be made on the 1st of November. As a result, your account lapsed into the free version of Spotify. In this case, you'd need to subscribe to Spotify once again in order to get back up and running on your phone. 

Just pop over this way to resubscribe. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

im keen to subscribe to the premium account, however will be moving to Abu Dhabi in Jan '13... will spotify work in UAE?

thanks,

@RPU01 wrote:

im keen to subscribe to the premium account, however will be moving to Abu Dhabi in Jan '13... will spotify work in UAE?

thanks,

As far as I am aware, Spotify is not yet available in UAE. 

You could subscribe to premium if you are currently situated in a country where Spotify is available, however, you would need to continue to pay for Spotify using a bank account from where ever you subscribed from, as your profile country and payment card need to be located in the same country. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm having a mildly similar problem. I registered Spotify in the U.S. but moved to Japan like 4 months ago. At one point, I tried the Spotify Premium trial, but forgot to cancel, so now, when I log into Spotify on my laptop, now all of the sudden it says "your country does not match the one set in your profile, to continue use, update your profile or upgrade your Spotify account for unlimited travel." I've cancelled my subscription and what not and I log in with my fb info, but it wont play!? This is extremely frustrating...help is much appreciated.

Hi Ross - It looks like your account had Premium up until September. However, you should have only been able to use that account for 14 days as  a free users. 

Two questions: 1. Did you create a unique username when you joined? 2. Do you use an internet proxy at all?  

Thanks for the reply, Meredith. I don't believe I created any "unique" user name when I joined. I did it all through fb info, so whenever I log on, I still use an old email I had as my user as well as the same pass for my fb account. As far as an internet proxy, nope, I've never even had one.

Hi Ross - And you say you've been able to use Spotify OK for the last four months? I think you've got a second account floating about somewhere. 

I'm going to send you a direct email. Please keep an eye on your inbox for me. 

How odd, to my recollection I don't have a second one, but who knows? Also, I have a bit of a prediciment. The email that is currently associated with my fb/spotify was an old one and something happened to it. I can't recieve any emails, but I can send ones. Is there a way to pm you my current one that works? I'm going to try here.

Thanks Ross--I've just forwarded that message to your new email address. Please have a look in your personal inbox when you get a chance. 

Hi, I have a french premium account and I just bought a Galaxy S4 in Dubai. After extensive researches on internet, I didn't find any solution to install the app on my phone as the google play store is blocking the availability of it. I also tried to use a french VPN unsuccessfully. Please help !!

Try pointing your android browser to http://m.spotify.com and see it you can install from there. Even if it works,you still won't  have access to the French Play Store so a better solution will probably be to reflash the phone with French firmware. Search Google for advice on how to do this.

Hu, I just found a way to install it.

I downloaded the app installer at https://m.spotify.com/int/pick/ (android 2.1+)

Then I copied it to the micro SD card of my phone, unchecked the security options regarding the installation of apps not coming from the store and... voilà !

It works just fine now.

Hope this will help others.

Suggested posts