Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I tried to accept a family plan invite but it says i can only change family plans once a year.

I tried to accept a family plan invite but it says i can only change family plans once a year.

I canceled my old family plan because i was being double billed and nobody could join my account.  I am not currently on any plan nor have I ever joined any other family plan. I am now trying to join my son's family plan but I get the error message about only being able to change family plans once per year.  OK, GOT IT.  DOES NOT APPLY TO ME. WHO CAN FIX THIS?  

3 Replies

Hey @KSPOWELL2011,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Unfortunately, you can only switch from one Family plan to another once every 12 months.

This is no mistake, you've been the owner of a Premium for Family plan and now you're trying to join someones. You'll be able to join it after 12 months 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The limitation is that you can only change plans ONCE per 12 months.  This would be the ONE time.  

Can you please tell the owner of the plan to send you a new invite? Maybe it'll work then.

If it still won't work after that, please post a screenshot of the exact error message.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts