Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I've LOST my Unlimited subscription

Solved!

I've LOST my Unlimited subscription

I upgraded to Premium recently to hear what the higher quality sound was like, and it wasn't a big enough difference to warrant the additional £5 so I cancelled expecting to be able to get my Unlimited subscription back and now CANNOT.

I really hope you can give me it back Spotify? Or you can consider me, a customer of many years, no longer a customer.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

You cannot subscribe to Unlimited anymore.

When it got discontinued, things worked this way:

If a user was subscribed to it he would still be able to pay for it, but when you switched to Premium you lost the ability to be on that account type.

I think the additional £5 can be worth it since you've got the ability to listen without ads on mobile devices, you can set playlists to Offline mode for playing music without connection, you have the enhanced music quality (you can notice the difference of normal and high quality when you connect Spotify to a high quality set of speakers), and finally you can use Spotify Connect to wirelessly control your music on another devices. These are the features Premium has that Unlimited didn't.

Hope this helps! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello!

You cannot subscribe to Unlimited anymore.

When it got discontinued, things worked this way:

If a user was subscribed to it he would still be able to pay for it, but when you switched to Premium you lost the ability to be on that account type.

I think the additional £5 can be worth it since you've got the ability to listen without ads on mobile devices, you can set playlists to Offline mode for playing music without connection, you have the enhanced music quality (you can notice the difference of normal and high quality when you connect Spotify to a high quality set of speakers), and finally you can use Spotify Connect to wirelessly control your music on another devices. These are the features Premium has that Unlimited didn't.

Hope this helps! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

Yes, I have done some furthur research and indeed you cannot subscribe to Unlimited anymore. That's very unfortunate as had I known I would never have upgraded.

I guess I shall have to resubscribe and see how Premium goes. I simply cannot go back to the free service as it is way too intrusive and irratating to use for me to enjoy.

Thanks for your reply!

This happened to me as well. Pretty underhanded techniques by spotify to get people to move up to premium.

I've been unlimited for years - and happy to pay £5 (UK) a month. To be offered a discounted 3 month premium trial (which was ok) and then told it's either pay £10 a month or go free with adverts is pretty poor customer support. I would have stayed with unlimited had i knew this would be the case.

And premium might be useful with it's portable device capabilities, but i would be much happier having the option (as this is not something i need)

Not impressed Spotify! This has made me want to look elsewhere.

Suggested posts