Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I've deleted my Facebook and also transitioning all my stuff to a new email address.

I've deleted my Facebook and also transitioning all my stuff to a new email address.

Plan Premium/Student

Country US

Device

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I've deleted my Facebook and also transitioning all my stuff to a new email address. My account settings doesn't give an option to change my email address. How can I go about changing my email short of opening an entirely new Spotify account?

5 Replies

Hey @Six_N, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Are you planning on using the email address on the new account? Or did you just want to change it? 

Also, what happens when you try to edit your profile here

Keep me posted. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have tried to edit my profile, it won't let me change my email. 

I want to change the email that's linked to my account and keep using my current Spotify account. 

Hey @Six_N

Thanks for letting me know! In that case, I'd recommend checking out this support article > "I no longer have access to the email address on my account" section for the next steps.

Hope this helps! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is the same as the previously offered solution. Editing my profile DOES NOT ALLOW me to change my email address. 

Hey @Six_N,

Thanks for posting.

If your account was created through Facebook, there isn't an option to change the email address. One workaround that might do the trick for you is to create a new account with a different email here and then use the steps in this guide to transfer your music collection. That way nothing will get lost.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts