Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I've mistakenly set up double payment for a single unlimited account

I've mistakenly set up double payment for a single unlimited account

I set up an unlimited account a couple of months ago. Everything great until I had my bank card re-newed. Just after receiving the new card I had to send my pc away for a week for repair. During the time my pc was away I logged into my Spotify account on an old laptop to find that my account was no longer unlimited and I had lost all my playlists.  I mistakenly assumed that my account had been deleted because my bank card had been changed and immediately re-set up another unlimited account. I am now being charged twice for the account which apparently I never lost!  With me so far??!! I have sice got my repaired pc back and logged into Spotify to find that my account hadn't changed at all!! I can only assume that for some reason my Spotify account is not recognised on the old pc?

How do I stop the second payment...do I just cancel the account on my old pc    or will this cancel everything so that I lose playlists etc.....??

Any help greatfully received.

3 Replies

@user-removed Use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

Cool thanks for your help. Will give it a go

Hi jacobmustangI mistakenly created a new account too. This is the only account I use. I submitted a couple of tickets (from each account), and cancelled the subscription of my "oops!" account (it's charged to the same card!).

Looking forward to an update from you. I'll be sure to post an update here, if things get sorted. 🙂

Without music, life would B♭

Suggested posts