Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I want my username, not my facebook name! how?

Solved!

I want my username, not my facebook name! how?

I opened a second spotify account ( a free, my other is premium ) because I want to been seen on spotify as my artistname. I connected it to my facebook so that I can have a profilepicture. However, my username is now changed to my facebookname which was excatly what I did NOT want to happen. In spotify and on my iphone its shows my facebook username but when going to my account on my computer it says my usernname? what can i do to have my username shown everywhere? ( i did sign in with my username...)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Your Spotify account will always show your real name if your account is tied to Facebook. Unfortunately if you are connected to Facebook there is no way to get it show your username without disconnecting from Facebook, in which case you loose the profile picture.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Your Spotify account will always show your real name if your account is tied to Facebook. Unfortunately if you are connected to Facebook there is no way to get it show your username without disconnecting from Facebook, in which case you loose the profile picture.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

that really sucks. but thanks for answering!

I connected to FB. Big mistake. Now I have my name and profilephoto instead of Ewa-Bettan as I used to have.

I have disconnected FB, but the photo and my real name is still there. I dont want that. My username is Ewa-Bettan and I want it that way. Can you help me with this. I do not want to have a photo and no real name.

Greetings Ewa Söderlind

libbstickan@gmail.com

Hello! To disconnect Facebook you do really need to contact the support team.

Just copy and paste this link into another tab.

https://www.spotify.com/uk/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

(Sorry, I'm replying to you via my phone's browser.)

Reply to the no-reply email and someone from support will help you shortly.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

Also, sometimes the client takes time to update information like that, so after you do diconnect from Facebook it may keep showing your facebook profile picture/name for a period of time.

~Soli Deo Gloria~
* If you see a single asterisk like before this sentence, it most likely denotes sarcasm.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Classical Musicians Unite!

No, this exactly does *not* happen. When disconnecting Facebook by using the client button, the Facebook photo remains but also the Facebook name. More revoltingly, when sharing a song with someone, the Facebook name also appears as originator of the share request. From a developer standpoint, this is horribly messy - after all, disconnect should mean exactly that, right? Further down in the thread, it has been said that it may "take some time" to have the Facebook information go away - do you honestly believe that? Of *course* I'm Santa!

Suggested posts