Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I want to create accounts for family members, but it is not possible to create new accounts

Solved!

I want to create accounts for family members, but it is not possible to create new accounts

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Windows machin

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Arthur23,

thanks for responding.

Just to be clear, are you trying to create a new Spotify account for a family member, or send an invitation from your account page?

If you're trying to create a new account, open this page in an incognito window, and create an account, but make sure to use an email address that's not already used on an existing Spotify account.

If you're trying to send an invitation, open your account page in an incognito window and give it a try (if it doesn't work, send the invitation to another email address that belongs to the member)."

Let me know how you did 😃

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey there @Arthur23,

thanks for reaching out to the community!

Can you please provide more details on the issue you're having so we can figure out a way to help you solve it ?

Waiting on your update 😃

When I want to create a new account for Spotify, it is not possible. I only can wait, and Spotify is not opened.

Hey there @Arthur23,

thanks for the quick response!

As you're having issues creating new accounts for members of a family plan i suggest you read the info presented on this help guide.

Note: for a Family plan invites and account to work properly all members should have their own premium account (before being invited) and be registered under the same physical address.

If you're having issues creating an account on Spotify.com, i suggest you try using an incognito page while doing it.

Waiting on your update 😃

Hi,

I have sent a new invite, with the same result. It looks like a time-out error. I have deleted the invite and sent a new invite after the deletion.

The new invite after the deletion still don't work.

Knipsel.JPG

Hey there @Arthur23,

Can you please confirm trying to open the invite using your own account on an incognito page or a different webpage ?

Waiting on your update 😃

Hi OneByBoo, I have tried evrything. Open a new sheet in Firefox, Chrome and IE. When I try to create an account, it is not possible. It looks like a time-out error. When I log in with my account, I cannot create an account for my family.

Hey there @Arthur23,

thanks for the update!

Please try the steps needed by the following suggestions:

• Using a different network connection
  • Using a different device

In addition, make sure that when heading to Spotify.com to create new accounts, you're not logged in with another Spotify account.

On top of all the suggestions mantioned, please check this help article to make sure the accounts desired meet with the age restricitons.

Hi,

I cannot create a new account at any device, I tried at a phone, tablet, etc. But I cannot create new accounts for my family.

Marked as solution

Hey there @Arthur23,

thanks for responding.

Just to be clear, are you trying to create a new Spotify account for a family member, or send an invitation from your account page?

If you're trying to create a new account, open this page in an incognito window, and create an account, but make sure to use an email address that's not already used on an existing Spotify account.

If you're trying to send an invitation, open your account page in an incognito window and give it a try (if it doesn't work, send the invitation to another email address that belongs to the member)."

Suggested posts