Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I want to delete my facebook account but...

Solved!

I want to delete my facebook account but...

But when i do i cant log in to spotify. What can i do ? I don't want to keep my facebook but i want to keep my spotify account. What are my options?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

At the moment, unless Spotify changes their policy, you must have a Facebook account to use the service, assuming your account was created after 22nd September 2011.  If your account was created prior to that, if you have an actual Spotify username and password, then all you should have to do is unlink your Facebook account from your Spotify account.  If this is not the case, then I'm afraid you are stuck for the moment.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

At the moment, unless Spotify changes their policy, you must have a Facebook account to use the service, assuming your account was created after 22nd September 2011.  If your account was created prior to that, if you have an actual Spotify username and password, then all you should have to do is unlink your Facebook account from your Spotify account.  If this is not the case, then I'm afraid you are stuck for the moment.

Oh well that sucks. Thanks for the reply buddy. 

spotify suck's! :@

Well.. Why do you browse spoity's website when you think it sucks so much??

That user has only one post. He likely searched for a way to log in without Facebook, found out that he cannot do it and said that Spotify sucks. Then probably went to find another music service like Rdio or Grooveshark that do allow a non-Facebook login.

I'm bumping an old post, and this is my first post here, but I want to revive this. I want to delete my facebook permanently, but want to keep spotify too. if someone from the spotify team could respond I would greatly appreciate it. I hate to say it, but right now getting rid of facebook may be more important than keeping spotify. Please, for the sake of a person who really enjoys and cares about this service, let us login without a facebook profile.

@TehOlDirtyOne wrote:

I'm bumping an old post, and this is my first post here, but I want to revive this. I want to delete my facebook permanently, but want to keep spotify too. if someone from the spotify team could respond I would greatly appreciate it. I hate to say it, but right now getting rid of facebook may be more important than keeping spotify. Please, for the sake of a person who really enjoys and cares about this service, let us login without a facebook profile.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You can now register accounts without Facebook from the main Spotify website. Unfortunately, if you created your account with Facebook, there is still no way to separate your Spotify account from the Facebook one. If you want to move away from using Facebook, you will need to make a new account, following the "create a new account using my email address" links from the signup page. If you can't see the link, try a different browser 😉 

Once you have a new account, you can in touch with the customer services team using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you in moving your playlists and/or subscription over to your new account for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter, thank you for the quick reply. I will do that, most definitely, Spotify is in imho worth fighting for. 

Same problem, too bad 😞

Do anybody know why? Just for marketing with standard-posting activated on facebook? Or is it a type of account binding like a simple or effective copy protection? Who will share his facebook login... 😉

you need to update your policy that allows users to make that choice if we want it. seeing as it IS just software, IT can be DONE so why not?????

I deleted my facebook due to not using it anymore and I paid for premium and my accounts gone. Do I still get charged ??

Suggested posts