Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I want to unlink my facebook from spotify!

Solved!

I want to unlink my facebook from spotify!

So my father and i are sharing an account. And my facebook got outomaticly conected to spotify. and i dont want all my friend tto see what he listnes to. So i want to unlink my Facebook accound! It shpild be easy but why did they make it so hard? cant find it anywere...
It's STUPID!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

If the facebook account was connected to an already existing account: You can go to Edit>Preferences and there should be a button saying 'disconnect from facebook'.

Unfortunately if you set the account up with your facebook details it is not possible to disconnect; as there is no Spotify account to disconnect from in this case.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

If the facebook account was connected to an already existing account: You can go to Edit>Preferences and there should be a button saying 'disconnect from facebook'.

Unfortunately if you set the account up with your facebook details it is not possible to disconnect; as there is no Spotify account to disconnect from in this case.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hi

My father has a spotify unlimited account and I have a separate spotify account which I log into via facebook. Somehow his account is now connected to mine - when he logs into his account my name and facebook profile picture appears on the top. When I log into my facebook spotify account, his playlists are there instead of mine. I have now gone into his account and disconnected his account from facebook but now when I log into my spotify account, my playlists are gone!

Please help!

Thanks

@annahughes86 wrote:

Hi

My father has a spotify unlimited account and I have a separate spotify account which I log into via facebook. Somehow his account is now connected to mine - when he logs into his account my name and facebook profile picture appears on the top. When I log into my facebook spotify account, his playlists are there instead of mine. I have now gone into his account and disconnected his account from facebook but now when I log into my spotify account, my playlists are gone!

Please help!

Thanks

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to restore those for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

Same problem here. I can't unlink my facebook account from Spotify. In the Edit-Preferences menu, there is no 'Social Network' and 'Disconnect' option. Is it because I'm a premium user from Turkey since because in the support page for Turkey, solution to this problem is blank.

Please help,

Thanks in advance.

Hey @user-removed ! Welcome to the community 🙂

If your account was created using Facebook, there is no way to disconnect that account from Facebook (hence why the option is missing in your client).

If you want to migrate over to a non-Facebook account, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand getting it set up for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So i dissabled my Facebook account in the settings and logged out of the Spotify client, then i re-logged back in expecting not to see my Facebook name in the upper right corner of the client, to my surprise the FB profile is still showing after disconnecting..what am i missing?

You normally log in with a spotify username and not an email address? You followed the steps here to unlink your facebook?

Yes, i always log in with my spotify username. And yes, i followed that guide.

I just saw now that it may take 24 hours for the changes to be visible, guess i will wait and see tomorrow if the changes has taken effect.

Suggested posts