Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I was charged early, before I could cancel my subscription. Refund?

Solved!

I was charged early, before I could cancel my subscription. Refund?

I upgraded to premium when it was 99 cents for 3 months, planning to cancel the subscription so as not to be charged after that. I was supposed to be charged tomorrow, but I received a notification that my card was charged today (March 3) betweeen 5:30 and 6 pm. I cancelled the subscription as soon as I saw this notification, and have not used Spotify since. Is there any way to refund the $9.99 to my card?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and answer your question 

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares
 on Twitter for help.
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and answer your question 

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares
 on Twitter for help.
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

Thanks!

They did the same exact thing to me. I canceled this morning and was charged this evening. Sent a request for a refund.

I've attempted 3 times now to cancel my trial and its still active. Interacted with 3 emails today to cancel the account and its still active.

They have a great product but this type of customer service is the very reason I won't be using their service any longer. I've already stopped PayPal from future charges and next suppose I'll have to file a dispute if Spotify doesn't refund the charges.

My name is Richard Yannatta. I was charged for something that I have canceled before. My American express serve card was charged by your company and I canceled your free trial awhile ago. Plus I never authorized anything or anyone to charge my card for any reason whatsoever. I'm asking for a complete reimbursement to my card. I can't believe that your company would just pull money from a bank card without any notification or authorization from the card holder which is me, and I was never contacted whatsoever. I'm sure that i can expect full reimbursement to my American express server card TODAY!! Thank you . Richard Yannatta

@BigRich57 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts