Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I was hacked and Spotify cancelled my subscription

I was hacked and Spotify cancelled my subscription

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this issue. I received and email from Spotify notifying me that me email address had been changed. So i wrote back to advise this was incorrect. I was fully expecting directions on how to change my password and get access to my account again. The email I'm using is the one on my account and the one they used to email me. But instead of assisting me to get back on my account Spotify insisted I had to provide proof from my statements that I had made payments. Firstly this is poor way of validating anything and I believe it is a personal security issue. I don't any have faith that they email from them is valid now. And it seems that my subscription has been cancelled and they are refusing to reinstate my account until I show proof from my statement.

This is a very strange process that I've not experience before and now I have no guarantee that I won't receive more monthly billing for subscriptions or any proper communication from Spotify. It's a 'you do what we tell you or we won't help you approach'. Is there anyone had this experience and what can I do about this? 

I've created a new account just so I can get assistance - this is not the treatement I would expect from Spotify.

1 Reply

Hey @Jules20,

Sorry to hear this has happened. Rest assured it's normal for Support to confirm some security questions, just so that they can make sure your account's safe. I'd recommend responding to the team via email again if you still need help or are having trouble providing any info. The email team are the best ones to lend a hand more.

I hope this helps.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts