NEXT STEP

I was suddenly added to a new family

I was suddenly added to a new family

Plan

Premium/Family plan

Country

Sweden

My Question or Issue

In July this year, my account was suddenly added to a new Family plan. I had been on my Swedish sister's plan for a few years but suddenly I belonged to a random family in the UK. Something feels off about the whole thing:

A) Up until the switch took place, my account page shows invoices for 0 SEK each month. These receipts suddenly stopped coming as I was added to this random family. Support said that you don't get receipts when you are part of someone else's Family Plan, but I did before?

B) When support removed me from the family plan, I got an email saying "You’ve been removed from Premium Family". I didn't get any communication at all when the apparent family switch happened. Surely you send some kind of email when an event like that takes place?

Could there be a technical glitch somewhere in this mess? My username is a single character, an exclamation mark.

1 Reply

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for letting us know about this!

In order for a Spotify user with a Free account to join a Family Plan, they first receive an invitation link from the Family Plan Manager.

As described here, the Free user then clicks on the invitation link and automatically becomes a Premium member, who doesn't pay a monthly fee (the Family Plan Manager takes care of the payments).

We suggest you double-checking how you did receive the invite for the Family Plan that you cannot recognize. You might have received the invite in your e-mail (make sure you check the Spam and Junk folders) or messenger (Facebook, WhatsApp, Viber etc.). 

Once you have checked these, it is possible to find the person who sent you the invite.

Hope you'll find this helpful. Keep us posted!

Suggested posts