Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I would like to delete my account (Spotify France)

I would like to delete my account (Spotify France)

HI,

I wonder if anyone can help me or give me advice.  I created an account while studying in France.  Now that my studies have come to and end, I wish to delete my account because I'm returning home.  It is a basic (free) account. 

As far as I can tell, it is impossible for users to delete their accounts (even free ones!).  I have been in touch with Spotify France and asked them to delete my account. However, nothing has happened.  I'm somewhat concerned because I have read that Spotify isn't too keen on deleting accounts.  I can understand it if it was a premium account, or if there was any payments involved, but I have a free account. 

Who can I contact to get my account deleted, and/or is there anything else I can do to get Spotify to delete my account?

Many thanks

5 Replies

Hi,

I suggest you submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify can look into it or you.

If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

If you have done this and not got a response; let me know your case number and I'll escalate it for you.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for your reply.  I appreciate it. 

I used the online contact form.  I got an auto reply, which I have, but have not done anything with it since I submitted my request.  My case number is 00672401.

Hi,

I'll escalate this over to the staff for you.

You should get a reply from a Moderator shortly.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thank you, I really appreciate it. 

We're glad to help out. Sorry to hear you'd like to leave! You can change the country on your account if you'd like so you won't lose your music. Please watch your inbox, you'll get an email shortly.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

Suggested posts