Solved!

ISSUES with Family Plan - very frustrating

Plan

Free

Country

Device

Operating System

My Question or Issue

My wife signed up to Spotify Family plan and sent me an invite. I accepted the invite and filled in the required info - name, address and postal code. It worked fine for the first week then suddenly i was cut off - claiming that it had not been able to validate that we lived at the same place, when we actually do.

Tried sending the invite again from my wife's account but this time, it did not allow me to get on the plan. no explanation given, and no helpdesk. In the mean time my wife has been charged the additional Family plan premium, and we're not able to reap the benefit. 

We tried troubleshooting it ourselves, and i noticed that my wife's profile did not have our full address on it, and she could not update it either, probably as the spotify account was linked to her facebook account and why would she put her full address on facebook. 

I've spent an hour or so trying to figure it out and read through the FAQ but it doesn't address this issue. Bottom line is how the heck should my wife update her profile when spotify doesn't allow it, yet allows her to sign up to a family plan but fail to validate her family members? Just seems stupid. 

Hopefully someone has been through this and knows how to fix it or if someone at Spotify can kindly resolve this for us... It's weird that you don't have a helpdesk. 

thanks very much in advance

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @-rv_rewxp1eh8, Welcome to the Spotify Community!

As part of the Terms of Use Spotify will conduct checks on Family Plan accounts to ensure that these accounts are not being misused and that the terms are being met. Spotify uses a range of factors range from many things to establish and investigate if a flag is raised with these checks a email will usually be sent asking for you to help Spotify out and confirm that the information provided is correct or send additional documentanation to prove your address for examp;e.

In this case, I'd reach out to Spotify Support and they'll be able to help manually verify your accounts and link these together.

Let connect you to support, please fill out the online contact form.

A great way to reach Spotify via Twitter and Spotify offer support here via Direct Message! @SpotifyCares, Don't worry Spotify also offer support via Facebook! Shoot them a message Spotify Cares Facebook page.

These are the best ways to contact Spotify but be aware there maybe a slight delay to responses depending on the number of incoming support requests usually no longer than 72 hours.

Take Care

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @-rv_rewxp1eh8, Welcome to the Spotify Community!

As part of the Terms of Use Spotify will conduct checks on Family Plan accounts to ensure that these accounts are not being misused and that the terms are being met. Spotify uses a range of factors range from many things to establish and investigate if a flag is raised with these checks a email will usually be sent asking for you to help Spotify out and confirm that the information provided is correct or send additional documentanation to prove your address for examp;e.

In this case, I'd reach out to Spotify Support and they'll be able to help manually verify your accounts and link these together.

Let connect you to support, please fill out the online contact form.

A great way to reach Spotify via Twitter and Spotify offer support here via Direct Message! @SpotifyCares, Don't worry Spotify also offer support via Facebook! Shoot them a message Spotify Cares Facebook page.

These are the best ways to contact Spotify but be aware there maybe a slight delay to responses depending on the number of incoming support requests usually no longer than 72 hours.

Take Care

Thanks ! It was resolved almost instantly by a helpful guy called Ellis. 

Is it just me or is it almost impossible to contact Spotify help desk without first joining this community  ? 

Glad that it's now fixed for you and I'll get your feedback to the agent who dealt with the case for you!

You should be able to contact Spotify in the future by heading to Spotify.com > Help in the footer of the page and then on the support page scroll all the way down to the footer again and there is a 'Contact Spotify' link 🙂Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 15.19.02.png

Suggested posts