Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If I cancel my spottily premium account do I lose all my music?

Solved!

If I cancel my spottily premium account do I lose all my music?

I am considering canceling my premium account but would like to know if I do that if I will lose all of the music that I had added to my playlist or downloaded to my phone?  Will I still be able to listen to all of them once my subscription is done?

88 Replies

I am changing from provider and therefore need tot open a new premium account. I first need to close my current account. How Can I Keep my current playlist, or somehow transfer them to my new (still to open account)?

Thanks for the help!

Hey @yordantrading

Create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username of your choice.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I don't like this, because all I want to do is to keep all my favorite songs on my phone and be able to play them whenever I want WITHOUT having to pay. I don't want to have to download music from online, wasting hours looking for the right songs...

Does my picture and account disappear if I delete it? Will any of my "followers" still be able to see my account?

So I paid for the three months for $9.99, if I cancel subscription will I lose the last two months or can I keep those as well?

Hey @nageorgiou2

You can login to the website to check the status of your subscription. In there you'll know until when you will have Premium status.

Once canceled, you'll still be on Premium for the remainder of the period you've paid for, and after that it will revert back to Free. You won't lose any playlists, friends, or your music library, as long as you keep using the same username you've been using. Those are independent from your subscription status.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

you're not buying the music, you're paying for the right to stream it.  I don't understand people that consider Spotify a "download" service.  It's not.

Please need help me in Spanish... I need cancel two account the spotify...

Hola @catalinalopezva

Si has recibido por email recibos de pago de Spotify, puedes buscar alli el nombre de usuario que estas pagando.

Busca donde dice:

Nombre de usuario/ID:  xxxxxxx

Despues, entra a tu perfil del sitio web con ese nombre de usuario para ver tu status de suscripcion  y checa tus recibos de pago.

Es probable que estes pagando Premium a mas de una cuenta. Revisar los pagos anteriores en el sitio web es una forma de corroborar eso.

Espero sea de ayuda. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

I have cancelled premium but all the songs that I had listened to on Free Spotify are now playing but with no volume.  Any ideas on why this is the case.  Thanks

Does anyone know what will happen if I'll just stop paying for Spotify Premium? Is it going to be cancelled automatically? Thanks

Hey @Reloa_DED

You can login to the website with your username to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

In there you can cancel if you want to, and delete your payment info. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Unfortunately, I can not login to my old Spotify Account as I had two accounts and I accidentally linked the second account to Facebook, however it was already linked to the first one. So, I just need to cancel my old Spotify account. But if it's enough to just stop pay for it in order for premium to be cancelled, that’s okay..

@Reloa_DED

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star

how about considering actually buying the songs and getting musicians and songwriters paid? i know that's a foreign concept to peeps under 30. streaming has destroyed careers of artists worldwide - the money we get from streaming is a pittance.  like 100 thousandth of a cent per play.  whereas when a single is purchased we get 9 cents for the song rights and about 12 cents (if on a major) and 30 cents if our own release. 

• I didn't really download a lot but I did save many songs and followed many playlists now that I went back to regular,no longer premium, they're all gone. Is this how it works? If I go back to premium do I get my stuff back?

Hey @pensfan2716

You shouldn't lose any playlists, friends, or your music library, as long as you keep using the same username you've been using with Premium. Those are independent from your subscription status.  

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

I have a Premium family account through my cell phone provider.  They are charging me more than the account would cost if I got it straight from Spotify.  1) can I cancel my current account and open a new one at Spotify?  2) will I lose my downloaded music? 3) if I do lose it could I recover it from Spotify?

Hey @Pdhaber,

Since your Premium subscription is currently handled by a third party - your mobile operator - you'll need to contact them to cancel your Premium first, so your account(s) can become Free again.

Once it happens, you can subscribe to Spotify's Family Plan here.

You shouldn't lose any playlists, friends, or your music library, as long as you keep using the same username you've been using. Those are independent from your subscription status.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Yes, I had to google search the question and eventually found myself here, and after much reading and scrolling, finally found the accurate answer. I get it, and I don't mind. However, I feel paying $11 plus per month for something you don't actually own is pretty expensive (especially when half the songs are deleted or removed - or the entire album - a few weeks later!) Aside from these, you do get to listen to a fair bit of music, but there is nothing like ownership. I'll continue to buy CDs or download the occasional album from iTunes (for those albums I don't feel like touching). And of course, I'll continue to use Spotify - it is a great service (but I wonder what percentage of revenue is distributed where and to whom).

Suggested posts