Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If I cancel my spottily premium account do I lose all my music?

Solved!

If I cancel my spottily premium account do I lose all my music?

I am considering canceling my premium account but would like to know if I do that if I will lose all of the music that I had added to my playlist or downloaded to my phone?  Will I still be able to listen to all of them once my subscription is done?

Top Answer
Eni

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

If you cancel your subscription, you won't lose any of your saved content (playlists, Liked Songs, followed artists, followers, etc.). You'll only lose your downloads since this is a Premium feature. 

You can obtain more info about the differences between the free and the Premium service here

Hope this helps. Cheers!

88 Replies

but if i cancel my premium and then redeem it after it has expired is my downloaded music kept?

Hey @aabbccddeeff

Unfortunately, you'll have to download all your music again for offline use.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

If I sign back to premium with spotify in the future, will I have the profile as I left it when I cancelled my premium subscription or will be a brand new profile where I will have to make all my playlists from scratch again?

Marked as solution

Hey @rogercamps

You won't lose any playlists, friends, or your music library, as long as you keep using the same username you've been using. Those are independent from your subscription status.  

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

But will it delete the songs out of my “songs” playlist, therefore will I have to find and add the songs again? 

I don’t have Spotify premium but I want to keep all my songs and playlists so I can put them on a new Spotify app. How do I do that?

I don't mind the subscription model and paying for my music.  However, the 3,333 song limit per device is horrendously inadequate.  My understanding is that you can actually have up to 10,000 songs per username offline but it has to be across 3 devices with a 3,333 song limit per device. Why not just allow 10,000 per device?

For those of us with SD cards and large playlists this is really inconvenient. I have recently loaded my card up with MP3s and may cancel my subscription because of this.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

If you cancel your subscription, you won't lose any of your saved content (playlists, Liked Songs, followed artists, followers, etc.). You'll only lose your downloads since this is a Premium feature. 

You can obtain more info about the differences between the free and the Premium service here

Hope this helps. Cheers!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts