Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If I switch to Premium Duo with I loose my Hulu?

If I switch to Premium Duo with I loose my Hulu?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Android

Operating System

Oreo

My Question or Issue

I was wondering what would happen to my Hulu if I happened to change my plan from the standard to Premium Duo. 

7 Replies

Hey @Yellowe35, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you have the Premium and Hulu bundle, you'll lose access to Hulu when you upgrade to Premium Duo, since Premium Duo doesn't include Hulu.

There is some more info on Premium Duo here.

I hope this helps! I'll be right here if you need a hand with anything else 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am also looking to get Spotify Duo, but have Hulu. The Duo option doesn't show up anywhere. Do I have to go into my account and deactivate Hulu to get it to show up?

Hey @Luzenshade,

You should be able to subscribe to Premium Duo through this page. If you don't get an option to upgrade, try this on a different browser or private window.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Yes, you will lose Hulu by "upgrading". I upgraded to Duo and immediately lost Hulu access. So I now officially pay more money each month for less content. Great job Spotify. Customer service wouldn't help either. Apparently customer satisfaction isn't a priority. 

Hey @nlilla42,

I understand your concern. I can confirm that you'll cancel your subscription involving Hulu before you can upgrade your plan to Premium Duo.

You will lose access to Hulu and there isn't a way to add it back to your account. You can always start a new Idea about this here.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Wish I would have read this before upgrading. This is dumb. I upgraded to Duo and the Terms and Conditions specifically say my "Spotify Premium service will remain uninterrupted," but it doesn't make clear that mu Hulu service which is tied to my premium service will be cancelled. It looks like I too will be paying more for less services than before. I am currently waiting for Spotify Support to reach out to me to explain how they can make this right. I have been a Spotify Premium customer since 2011.... you can do better Spotify. 

Hi @Jim15w,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the Community!

We understand where you're coming from and will make sure all your feedback reaches the right teams. We always aim to improve and you can be sure that your voice will be heard.

While the Premium Individual & Hulu offer is no longer available, you can still activate Hulu if you're eligible for our student discount. Head here to read more about it.

You can also consider adding your +VOTE to this idea, if you'd like to see the Premium and Hulu offer return or this one, in case a Premium Duo and Hulu bundle is the deal you are looking for.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. Check out this Spotify Answer to learn more about it.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout if there's anything else we can help you with.

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts