Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If my phone is broken, can I recover my playlist on a new phone with ID and password?

If my phone is broken, can I recover my playlist on a new phone with ID and password?

I'm very new to Spirify and not that it has ever happened to me but if I do something like drop my phone in the water, will I still be able to recover my playlist on a new smart phone when I reinstall the app and log in with my username and password? I guess what I'm asking, is it possible to ever lose your playlist?
2 Replies

Of course. Your playlists are linked to your Spotify account (the track listing etc is all retained on the Spotify servers) so can be viewed across any device that you have logged in. If you get a new device, just log in and it will make the playlists available.

You can even recover playlists if you accidentally delete them by going to your account on the Spotify website.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Please help. My phone screen broke and all my playlists are gone even when I log in through my new phone and even my spotify account online. PLEASE HELP

Suggested posts