Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If tracks are removed from database, are they from your playlists?

Solved!

If tracks are removed from database, are they from your playlists?

If I have say, 200 albums in a playlist, if at some point album abc is removed from spotifys available database but then re-added several weeks later, will it re-appear in my playlist?

Would it appear 'greyed out' in the meantime in my playlist or would it be completely removed? I'm concerned about adding albums which are then some time down the line, removed for a short while and readded but not to my library and im non the wiser.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify add some grayed out tracks again (hidden by default in playlist), maybe another version of track, or version for your country etc. When this happens, you do not need to add this track again, hidden track just will come available again. Spotify always try to find similar tracks from  large database before hidding those tracks. Tracks, when unavailable, are hidden by default or grayed out (if you want so in Edit - Preferences).

Hope this make things clear for you.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Could I get someone from Spotify to answer this please guys?

If album or song is back, you can listen it again in Spotify and you are also able to see it in your playlist.

Thanks for the reply. So, just to confirm, if it comes back into the database, I dont have to re-add it, it will re-appear automatically? Do the tracks just appear greyed out whilst not available in my library?

Marked as solution

Spotify add some grayed out tracks again (hidden by default in playlist), maybe another version of track, or version for your country etc. When this happens, you do not need to add this track again, hidden track just will come available again. Spotify always try to find similar tracks from  large database before hidding those tracks. Tracks, when unavailable, are hidden by default or grayed out (if you want so in Edit - Preferences).

Hope this make things clear for you.

Cheers buddy 🙂

Some tracks are unavailable just for while, when record label just re-release album form International version to Country version. Some tracks are unavailable because record label or artist wants to keep some tracks unavailable. And some tracks are hidden because other record label released album or tracks without publisher license.

In music jungle this is a big problem for users when music user like is gone. But let's hope that in future less tracks are gone...

Happy listening with Spotify and keep asking if you have any questions.

I'm here to help when I can.

hpguru,

Community founder / Spotify Premium user

Suggested posts