Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Immense Data sent via WiFi

Solved!

Immense Data sent via WiFi

Hey there,

can someone explain me why my Spotify sends very high Amounts of data? I live in a students dormitory and have a fixed volume of 30GB. I saw just now in the Windows Resource Manager that Spotify sent average volumes over the last 60 s of 2,2 million Bps. Before and after that maximum I saw something around 100 thousand Bps. I was also disturbed because the Address line always included the name of a company or something.

Maybe important too is that I was listening to a downloaded playlist, so there shouldn't have been much traffic anyway.

I hope someone can help me

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

How about this link?:

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/disk-space-and-bandwidth

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Spotify on the desktop uses a unique p2p networking system, meaning your client will download and also upload data as clients share data across the Spotify network. There is more information on what to do (and how you can reduce data) in this help page

Peter

I'm sorry fro asking again.

Thank you for the answer first of all but on the page linked I can't find an useful article.

If I can't get that solved I need to quit spotify because I need my data for research and things.

I hope someone got an idea

Philipp

Marked as solution

How about this link?:

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/disk-space-and-bandwidth

Peter

Suggested posts