Impossible to access my message or read notification

Impossible to access my message or read notification

user-removed
Not applicable

Hi There,

I can see the icon for the message and the notification but i can't click on them.

I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app on my laptop.

I'm on windows 8.1 pro

9 Replies

Re: Impossible to access my message or read notification

lmmansky
Casual Listener

i have the same problem, its really frustrationng! its been this way for a few days. ive uninstalled and reinstalled  twice now

noden67
Music Fan

You can add me to the list, messaging has been down the entire week. I can see the icon with message notifications but cannot open/action messaging function. OS WIN 7Pro 64

LuizPedro
Casual Listener

Same here. I've tried uninstalling and installing again, but the problem is still here.

Sutekh

same problem here. i see the bell with the notificatication, my account name/icon, etc on the upper right side when spotify is open, but am not able to click or activate any of these. Windows 10.

jbcv1957
Casual Listener

I'm on Windows 10 and as some of you, I have problems with my Start button not working any more since 2 months ago. Searched during days for solutions online. I tried one of the work-around proposed in forums and created me a new user account. And miracle, the Start button worked again + the boot up time reduced to 33 seconds instead of 55 s, my boot-up disk being a SSD. But then if I decide to keep this new user account in place of the original one, I would have to re-install all my applications, re-create of my Desktop shorcuts, etc. So I kept my original account, and still waiting for a real stable fix-up from Microsoft. 

When I had this Spotify notification I cound not open, I switched to my alternate account just to check, and discovered I could at last click on the notification to open it ! So we may wonder what's really wrong : Spotify or Windows ? 

jørgenludvig

I have the same problem. I am on windows 10/Samsung, which I upgraded two weeks ago. Didn't have any problems with Spotify until i updated it last week. After that, I have not been able to get access to my notifications and inbox, although I can see that them.  

noden67
Music Fan
There was an update available today and the problem appears to have been fixed.

user-removed
Not applicable

THanks! It seems to be fixed now

Highlighted

jbcv1957
Casual Listener

Just had the new version installed today and it works fine again ! 

Have a nice listening everybody !

jb

SUGGESTED POSTS