Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Impossible to change country, therefore impossible to link family account

Impossible to change country, therefore impossible to link family account

Hello,

We are a French family living in Singapore. When I first subscribed to Spotify I was in France and the plan is paid with a French bank account. I have then subscxribed to the family plan and my son has regiostered, but we currently live in Singapore. His account is registered as such. It is not possible to link his account to my family plan because the countries have to be the same. I tried to change his country to France but it isn't possible, the list of countries available contains only one item: Singapore. I have tried to change my own country to Singapore but it diesn't work either, it keeps on telling me I'm in France.

Please help me solve this problem...

11 Replies

Hey @Lophophora,

Could you let me know if you have a Premium/Family subscription? You can check your subscription status here.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, I have a family account with 2 members + my "parent" account..

@Lophophora

You need a payment method with a billing address in the country 🙂

Follow the instructions below to update your payment method:

- Go to your Account page here: https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

- Select Subscription in the left panel.

- Click UPDATE DETAILS.

- Click Want to use another payment option? below the card details form.

- Click Change Country and select the country you wish to move the account to.

- Select a payment method with a billing address in the country.

- Confirm the change by clicking CHANGE PAYMENT DETAILS.

Note: Your account will be set to the new country at your next payment date.

MaximSpotify Star

Thank you, I had understood this but I want to keep paying my Spotify subscription with my home country bank account (France). So I would rather change the country in my son's Spotify account, but it won't let me select anything else than Singapore.

Is his account on the free plan? If so, then he must be currently in the country for the IP address to register he can switch to this country.

MaximSpotify Star

OK, it is not possible to change my country to Singapore because my bank in Singapore (DBS) won't provide an IBAN number, and Paypal won't let me add a new bank account without an IBAN number. It is not possible to change my son's country to France because we are connectying ihere in Singapore witrh a local IP adress.

So what can I do? Do I have to go back to France just to connect from a French IP? This is really complicated, I just paid for a family plan and would like it to work...

Can anybody help? I am charged for a family plan each month but we are unable to use it, even though we all live in the same house at the same address.

@Lophophora

This is something Spotify Support can help you with.

Contact form: http://bit.ly/SpotifyCF

Facebook: http://bit.ly/SpotifyCaresFB

Twitter: http://bit.ly/SpotifyCaresTW

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Spotify Support usually replies within 48 hours.

MaximSpotify Star

OK thanks, I have contacted Spotify and will keep you informed.

Hi,

I finally got it to work. I had to unsubscribe from my family plan and subscribe again so that my country is set to Singapore.

I live in France but my spotify is linked to US debit card.  I have tried to change to my french bank card so i can add my family, but it tells me my zip code is invalid and refuses to change.  my zipcode is perfectly valid.  it is just french.  

Suggested posts