Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Impossible to delete Spotify account

Impossible to delete Spotify account

Hi,

I'm trying to permanently delete my Spotify account. Since there is no way of deleting it myself, I've read that you have to e-mail Spotify to do so. The link that I eventually found (by using Google) to contact Spotify is:
https://support.spotify.com/uk/contact-spotify-support/?contact

But there is no contact form, only a question that says "Hello. How can we help you?". So I click on "Subscription" followed by "I want to close my Spotify account permanently". Then there is a link with an image of a book next to it, saying "Close account - How to close your Spotify account.". I click on it and this text pops up:

Nobody likes goodbyes. But we get it. Sometimes you just want to move on.

If you're a Premium subscriber, you can end your subscription without closing your account. Just follow the steps to cancel your subscription here . Your account will go back to the free service when your current subscription period runs out.

But if you're sure you really want to close your account, please get in touch with the team through our contact form . We'll take you through the necessary steps.

When your account is closed you won't have access to any of the information stored on it. And we can't retrieve this information for you. You also won't be able to sign up again for Spotify with the same username.

We hope this isn't goodbye for good. Come back anytime.

In this part "...But if you're sure you really want to close your account, please get in touch with the team through our contact form . We'll take you through the necessary steps..." it sounds like it's possible to close the account. I click on the words "contact form" which is a link. But the link leads back to:
https://support.spotify.com/uk/contact-spotify-support/?contact

So, again I'm asked "How can we help you?". It's an endless loop. So I clicked on some topic that didn't have anything to do with the account and eventually got to a page where I could write some text, and (what I understood) it would be sent to some Spotify support department? So I've tried that two times, but never got an answer.

I've tried the contact form both with the UK and the Swedish version of the Spotify website and with both Chrome and Firefox, it's still the same.

Since there is no way to get in touch with Spotify, I now have registered on the community and I really hope that anyone can help me?

Thank you in advance!

Account name is: viriol

My e-mail is my account name plus @gmail.com

3 Replies

Hey There!

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I can imagine how frustrating that is. 

Check your spam folder for a message from Support. They generally end up there. If you can't find one, try their Twitter Handle @SpotifyCares or Facebook Page Spotify Cares,

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Thank you for your answer!

No, nothing in the spam folder. I don't use Twitter or Facebook.

Hi @viriol maybe you could try closing your account with this link: https://support.spotify.com/us/close/

Suggested posts