Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Improve the way you verify premium accounts

Improve the way you verify premium accounts

Hi, I was part of a premium account held by an extended family member. We all live at the same house. I got an email last week asking that I verify my zip code so I could remain on the premium account. I entered my zip, as there was nothing in the zip code field to begin with, and assumed all was resolved. I got an email a week later saying Spotify could not verify my address and I was removed from the premium account. The only way I was able to fix this was to have the account holder re invite me to join (which is often hard for her to do since she works 6 months of the year in another country, in a rain forest, with limited access to the internet). When she did so, we made sure our zip codes matched to begin with (to be sure one of us hadn't accidently entered it wrong) and they did, so we're not sure why I was kicked off the premium account. The same thing happened to my husband. This whole process needs to be improved so it can run more smoothly. Customer support needs a better way of verifying our addess so we don't have to spend so much time trying to fix it.

1 Reply

Hey @CMC33!

It's not cool that this happens. Keep in mind that every member of Premium for Family must reside in the same physical address.

The best thing to do here is get in contact with the support team to take a look at your accounts. You can reach them on Facebook or Twitter at @SpotifyCares or via email here.

Let us know how it goes.

Suggested posts