Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

In quarantine, but unable to login

In quarantine, but unable to login

Plan

Free

Country

Hong Kong

Device

Android, Chromebook

My Question or Issue

Spotify was working fine until the update this morning. Now, when i try to use on my phone or Chromebook, it says I've been out of the country for 14 days, so it won't let me login. But I haven't left Hong Kong in weeks because of the virus!

What the heck Spotify? We are already suffering, and you do this to us as well? When will this be fixed??

3 Replies

Hey, @ajdon78 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing that kind of issue...

Initially, could your check what is the country that is set up for your account? You can check it on your account page

If the country setting is wrong, check if you can change it (Check if the GPS settings are activated on your device). To change your country, do the following:

1. Click EDIT PROFILE
  2. Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list.
    Note: Your new country only shows when you’re actually there.
  3. Click SAVE PROFILE.

Keep me posted about your case!

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, thanks for replying!

My account is set to Hong Kong. I changed it last year when I moved. But now it doesn't work on either my Chromebook (which has no GPS) nor Android phone.

Not sure if this is a bug, or just the end of my time with Spotify. Especially at times like this, gonna be really sad to lose access to my playlists and music in general. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey again, @ajdon78 

Just to check some possibilities, are your devices connected to the same internet connection? If possible, could you try to connect them to a different one and try to run the app? Also, is there a VPN activated on devices? If you have, maybe this is causing this little issue, so, you should disable it. 

Keep me posted!

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts