Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

In the UK for a year, French credit card

In the UK for a year, French credit card

Hi there!
I'd like to get premium but Spotify won't let me use my French credit card to pay! I'm a student so I wanted to use the 50% off offer but when I give my credit card details it says that I can't pay for a UK account with a French card... It then asks me to change my settings from UK to France but if I do that would I be able to fully use Spotify? I'd much rather stick to the UK settings... Anyone knows how I could contact the support team so they can sort this out for me?

Cheers!

6 Replies

Hey @Heididadou!

Thanks for coming to the Community for help.

Keep in mind that you need to use a payment method issued on the country where your Spotify account is set. To get the student discount, you'd need to use a card from the UK since the discount isn't available for France.

Let us know if you have other doubts.

Anyk17

I have a similar situation, as I live in spain and now have a GIBRALTAR bank account and GIBRALTAR Paypal... none of these seems to be accepted for payment, what can I do?

Hey @Chiarasac!

Does your PayPal account meet the requirements at https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/managing_payments/having-problems-using-paypal/? 

Also, can you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing when you try to subscribe? 

We'll see what we can suggest.

Anyk17

Hi @Anyk17 ! That's what my issue is. I don't have any bank account in the UK since I am using my French bank account and card. 

Is there any way I can pay with paypal? 

Thank you.

Hi @Anyk17 ! That's what my issue is. I don't have any bank account in the UK since I am using my French bank account and card. 

Is there any way I can pay with paypal? 

Thank you.

We understand @Heididadou.

We're afraid it's only possible to get the student discount by making your payment with a method from the United Kingdom. You can check the payment methods available for that country with the steps here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/managing_payments/payment-methods/

If there's anything else we can do for you, let us know.

Anyk17

Suggested posts