Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Inability to remove CC details and...

Inability to remove CC details and...

I'd like to confirm the following: There is absolutely no way for the user to remove his/her credit card from the personal account? The inability to do so seems rather glaring lack of a feature. Also, in terms of user interface, I find that making a purchase should be labeled more clearly unless I'm missremembering the page layout. As it is, the purchase can be made accidentally to a degree while browsing the premium/unlimited options. There should be a clear "You will be charged for x amount of funds after you click "OK" dialogue with clearly labeled options to confirm or cancel. I personally didn't make any "accidental" purchase as it was my intent to do so in the first place. However, I was charged earlier than I expected, as in, I was expecting a final confirm dialogue for the purchase. This ties partially to the apparent lack of ability to remove credit cards from an account and allowing Spotify to make a charge without credit card holder's permit.
3 Replies

I too am really missing the option to NOT have my credit card details stored with Spotify.
Please, Spotify supporters, reply with a reason as to why you have to store my credit card information. And please refrain from giving some standardized speech about the benefits. An ENDLESS number of other online service providers allow for the user to NOT have his/her credit card information stored online (amongst others: Google)

@kingmortz wrote:

I too am really missing the option to NOT have my credit card details stored with Spotify.
Please, Spotify supporters, reply with a reason as to why you have to store my credit card information. And please refrain from giving some standardized speech about the benefits. An ENDLESS number of other online service providers allow for the user to NOT have his/her credit card information stored online (amongst others: Google)

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You should be able to remove your credit card details from your subscription pages providing you do not have an active subscription with Spotify. If you do, you need to cancel your subscription before the system will allow you to remove those details. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you for your answer.

I am aware that I can cancel my subscribtion and then remove my credit card details. However, I am not looking to cancel my subscribtion with Spotify.

What I am simply after is the possibility to have an ongoing, paid, subscribtion (ie. Premium) and then manually typing in my credit card information whenever I need to renew my paid subscribtion. I want it to be my choice.

I don't want Spotify to hold my credit card information. Just like I don't want Google to hold my credit card information.

The difference is that Google allows for you to have an account with them and at the same time NOT have your credit card information stored. Whenever you need to pay for a Google service ie. Google Drive or Google Play (the Android app market) you just type in the credit card information. That's it.

Since I wrote my query, I believe I found an answer somewhere in this community saying that what I am after simply is not possible with Spotify.

Suggested posts