Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Premium Spotify account is linked with my old facebook account and I cannot access my old facebook account because it was compromised when I went over seas. My premium is still charging me however on that account and I want to cancel my subscription because my 12 months of student charge was over. I am still signed into that account on my iPhone in the Spotify app and random generated numbers is appearing instead of my name. I can't update account information on the iphone since no devices is logged into my old facebook account. If someone in the community or have previlages to force cancel my premium account, please let me know. I will provide the random generated numbers when I get a reply and only if it helps cancelling my spotify subscription. Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @kborys @Skrill,

I'd recommend checking out the Support site article on how to cancel. You can also try to cancel filling this form and sending it to Spotify.

Hope this helps and let me know how you get on!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello @kborys!

Unfortunately, if you don't have access to your old Facebook account nor your email, you won't be able to log in to that account.

No worries though, you can always create a new account (I think you already did) and transfer all your playlists to your new account. You can learn how to do that here.

Hope this helps and let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Jose_MSpotify Star

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi @Skrill!

I’d recommend checking this Spotify Answer for tips on how to cancel. If you can't log in your account page via Facebook, try using the email you used to create your Facebook account or your username (random numbers).

Hope this help and let me know how you get on!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hi @Josh_M,

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that I also do not remember my password to my email that is connected to my facebook account. It was a very old email made over a decade ago. Also I tried resetting my password for my Spotify account and apparently the email I used that I made for my old facebook account is not linked to a spotify account. I used my username (generated numbers) to sign in and no email was connected. It says I have to sign in my old facebook account to access my spotify account, but the issue is that I can't access my old facebook account as mentioned in the previous post. Is there no other way to cancel? Thanks

Hi,

Im having the same problem since i deleted my facebook account. I have been charged for premium this month even tho the account doesn't exist. Bring back my money or account! 

Marked as solution

Hello @kborys @Skrill,

I'd recommend checking out the Support site article on how to cancel. You can also try to cancel filling this form and sending it to Spotify.

Hope this helps and let me know how you get on!

Jose_MSpotify Star

It may solve the problem, but could you tell me if it's possible to regain access to spotify account that was created by loging in through facebook account, which has been deleted? I'm still logged in my old spotify account on phone, but i'd like to have the possibility to log in on new/another devices.

Regards,

Konrad

Hello @kborys!

You should be able to log in to other devices using the email linked to you Facebook account or your username (random generated numbers) and you Spotify password.

Let me know how you get on!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Logging in to old account using email linked to facebook didnt work so I've created an account linked to that mail. Now i have no chance to check if it could work.

I tried to log into account using those randomly generated numbers. They were not visible on my spotify (mobile, android), but I could see it copying url to my profile. It says either account name or password is wrong.

Regards,

Konrad.

@edit

When im trying to reset my password it says there is no email linked to that account so it's impossible to send me an email. That means that the account name is probably valid, but it doesn't accept my password. 

Marked as solution

Hello @kborys!

Unfortunately, if you don't have access to your old Facebook account nor your email, you won't be able to log in to that account.

No worries though, you can always create a new account (I think you already did) and transfer all your playlists to your new account. You can learn how to do that here.

Hope this helps and let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Jose_MSpotify Star

I had this same issue. Try to make a new password for your facebook and get into the facebook. After you do this you should be able to log into spotify through facebook 

Suggested posts