Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Inadvertently signed up for Family +4 when I meant to do +1

Solved!

Inadvertently signed up for Family +4 when I meant to do +1

So without realising that my phone/the website decided to select Family+4 when I was going through the sign up for what I thought was Family+1, my subscription has been cut down from ~25 days remaining to 7, and I can only 'cancel' my family plan and not simply trade down to Family+1. Is there a fix for my situation? I'm rather annoyed at having had my nearly month left kyboshed to just 7 days for the sake of an extra 3 family members I don't need to have!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @crystal-gamer. So to downgrade a family plan you need to cancel your current subscription and then wait for it to expire completely before you're able to re-enroll into a lower tier. That, however, won't help with your premium getting divided out into three extra accounts you won't be using, so what I would instead recommend is getting in touch with support. I'm not certain how or what they'll be able to do, but it'll be your best bet moving forward. Contacting them can be done by either reaching out to @SpotifyCares on twitter; messaging support on Facebook; or through this contact form. If it's been more than 48 hours without a response, reply to the e-mail you received confirming they got your message (if you used the contact form), or, if you messaged them through Twitter or Facebook, shoot them another message there. Please let me know if anything else comes up, or if you have any other questions. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @crystal-gamer. So to downgrade a family plan you need to cancel your current subscription and then wait for it to expire completely before you're able to re-enroll into a lower tier. That, however, won't help with your premium getting divided out into three extra accounts you won't be using, so what I would instead recommend is getting in touch with support. I'm not certain how or what they'll be able to do, but it'll be your best bet moving forward. Contacting them can be done by either reaching out to @SpotifyCares on twitter; messaging support on Facebook; or through this contact form. If it's been more than 48 hours without a response, reply to the e-mail you received confirming they got your message (if you used the contact form), or, if you messaged them through Twitter or Facebook, shoot them another message there. Please let me know if anything else comes up, or if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Cheers - got in touch with Spotify and they refunded my current sub so I could resub with the correct one and not lose out. 🙂

Suggested posts