Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Incorrect (and slightly embarassing) top artists

Incorrect (and slightly embarassing) top artists

Hi there

On my spotify profile, my top artists are constantly wrong and feature artists I never listen to - and that don't feature in any of my playlists. Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it, it's starting to damage my street cred 🙂
I hate Akon and he's been sitting at the top for while...

Thanks

Clare Thompson

84 Replies

Might as well just move along. Spotify has no intention to fix this. Its like that by design. Although they'd never admit it.....

Akon is haunting me also ! On my tinder profile when I connect my Spotify top songs, it’s ones I’ve never listened too/even heard of , and I refresh it often hoping the random ones will go away but it’s a new batch of random songs every time ! 

It's by design. It's NOT a bug. They've been telling people that for over 5 years now. If it bugs you that much search our another music app. I keep busting their chops about it till they take it away or admit why it's like that.... 

So, it's intentionally incorrect? That's what "by design" would hint at, no? That's some half-assed functionality if I do say so myself. 

And has been that way for at least five years that I am aware of. That's an awfully long time to have a problem exist. Or perhaps they just have really crappy software engineers.

Suggested posts