Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Installed in France now blocked from logging in from UK

Solved!

Installed in France now blocked from logging in from UK

Installed Spotify while on holiday in France, back in UK now and can't log in. Get the message "yiu are only allowed to use Spotify abroad for 14 days". I understand that I need to change my home country in my profile settings but can't do that unless I can log in. Bit of a "chicken and egg" issue - anyone got any useful suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi and many thanks for your suggestions.

The problem has now been resolved by someone in the support team who changed my settings for me so I am now back up and running - yeay!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey!

Did you sign up for Spotify whilst in another country? Or had you signed up while in the UK then used it in France? 

2 thoughts:

1. Are you simply not even allowed to log into your account on spotify.com because you're back in the UK?

2. Use a VPN and set it to France while you log in and change your country of origin. Then you can remove the VPN after.

Yes, i signed up in France while on holiday but live in UK.

when I try to log in I just get a message saying I'm not allowed to use Spotify abroad for more than 14 days and no options to do anything abiut it.

it is just a free account rather than premium - didn't want to enter card details using an unknown internet connection in France.

So I need to get in to the account to change the home country settings but no joy.

Not technically competent to use VPN if I even had an inkling of what to do.

any other ideas?

If you can do the VPN thing it's SO easy if you follow that link I sent., or at a real long shot, do you know anyone in France who can do it? 

Failing that I would be happy to escalate this for you to see if one of the admin team can change it on your behalf.

Marked as solution

Hi and many thanks for your suggestions.

The problem has now been resolved by someone in the support team who changed my settings for me so I am now back up and running - yeay!

Awesome, I'm glad to see it's been resolved!!! 

Best, J

Suggested posts