Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Instead of changing the typo of my artist name, they created a new profile.

Instead of changing the typo of my artist name, they created a new profile.

Hey guys, as the title states, I got an artist account
https://open.spotify.com/artist/0Ql6S1E3Q82eyX6VbAz3bm?si=okLs9USfRFqtT59ZLRpdHg
called Elaz, but I wanted to have a capital Z to get the name "ElaZ".
I filed a request with the label and they sent a message to spotify for me.
Unfortunately, what Spotify did was not what I wanted, because they made a whole new profile https://open.spotify.com/artist/4UxImbbNhMsjV2UGY50aoF?si=slRWqVOgQMyAD-Bcm_JKYg

This one has nothing on it, no pictures, no views no followers.
I could delete the first one and get the new one but I want to know if theres a way to just change the name of the first one instead ? It seems way too complicated for what I originally asked....And I would love to be able to keep the few followers and listeners I got there....Thanks

7 Replies

Hey @Jangrand ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

In this case, you’ll need to reach out to your label again so that they can send a metadata update to Spotify with the right info.

Spotify can’t change this manually on their end because they show music according to the metadata sent to them.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I guess it's not worth doing in the end. So how can I claim the new profile created with the capital Z and remove the old one ? Any simple way of doing this ? Thank you

Hey @Jangrand ,

Thanks for getting back.

You can learn how to get access to Spotify for Artists here. I also recommend reaching out to the Creator Services team, so that they can remove you from the other artist profile. You can reach them here.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star

Thank you again, any idea how long it takes for them to respond ? Still nothing since friday.

Hey @Jangrand ,

Thanks again for getting back.

When filling out their contact form, did you use the email address that is attached to your Spotify for Artists access? 

Have you received a response yet? The response time can vary, based on the current incoming requests.

Let me know! 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Yep the adress is the very same indeed.
And no, nothing this past week either, I'm kinda nervous because I have a release coming up early december and since I still don't have any response back I hope I will manage to get it sorted for when it arrives.

Hey @Jangrand ,

Thanks for letting me know.

In this case, I'd recommend filling out the form again: https://artists.spotify.com/contact. Make sure that you provide the correct info.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts