Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

International Charges on my monthly account payment

International Charges on my monthly account payment

Hi,

I just wanted to find out why for the last 2 months I have been charged an international transaction for my monthly subscription. Instead of being charged $11.99 I am now being charged $12.34 and it's showing up as Spotifysubs London GBR. Not sure why this has changed in the last 2 months. It used to show as Spotify Premium X East Melbourne AUS.

Kind regards,

Bree

5 Replies

Hi Bree

Just wanted to know if you resolved this issue as I'm having the same problem with my account being paid in GBR instead of AUS?? It started out paying in AUS dollars and then just changed to GBR over the last 3 months. How did you rectify this?

Regards 

Linda

Hey @dwilliams7-au,

Thanks for reaching out! 

The reason why you see your charges for Spotify in an international currency could have to do with your bank. We have offices all over the world and it's likely that the payments were recognized as foreign ones. This is not something to worry about. We advise you to turn to your bank for more info on the matter. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey Petya,

im having the same issues with the overseas charge. EXCEPT i have contacted my bank AND Paypal and they both tell me itys how spotify is routing the payments. I have been suggested to cancel my subscription then start again. will this help?? Ive had a premium account with spotify for well over 5 years now always paid for through my paypal account and this is the first time ive started being chargedScreen Shot 2019-12-04 at 1.11.58 pm.png this international fee. so i believe its something spotify has changed??

Boris Johnson is hacking Spotify accounts, changing them to British currency. He's trying to bump up the value of the pound before the election.

This post is a satire.

Hey there @bree4 and @Natasha_B,

Thanks for telling us about this! 

Our advise is to reach out to the bank to have the foreign transaction charge refunded. If that's not possible, feel free to reach out to support here.

Let us know how it goes! 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts